photo botslide.jpg

Christmas Mince Pies: The Lazy Version

Thursday 19 December 2013


 
MINCE PIES! They’re my absolute favourite food of the holiday season, Christmas isn’t Christmas without a mince pie. I usually bake Christmas food myself, and it usually taste a lot better than store bought, but with mince pies the ones from the store seem to taste better – I don’t know why. So this is a sort of a homemade method, but still the cheats way :). I apologize if you were looking for a “real” mince pie recipe – this is the lazy version, I’ll admit.

This is a super simple method which I’m sure you would figure out on your own anyway, but because I have an obsession with lists, here goes:

Method for Mince Pies: The Lazy Version

1.       Buy some short sweet pastry and fruit mince (I bought the Old English Fruit Mince made by Tasti).

2.       Roll out the pastry and cut into circles, then gently press each one into a smaller-than-muffins-but-bigger-than-ice-cubes-tin.

3.       Spoon the fruit mince in! (there’s an exclamation mark because I love this step)

4.       Cut strips of leftover pastry to create lattices on top of the mince pies.

5.       Bake in the oven until golden at 180o Celsius (I can’t give an exact time, it depends on your oven, the size of the tin, the type of pastry, etc).

6.       Sprinkle icing sugar over them, and mmmmm……enjoy……..

This method shouldn’t be too hard. Who am I kidding, this is flippin’ easy! My advice is to make a ton, because they’ll be gone before you know it (*I say this from personal experience).

Merry Christmas! Only 5 days!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme