photo botslide.jpg

Happy Easter: A Pirate-tical Twist

Friday 9 May 2014


 
Pirates of the Caribbean, the movie that made me act like a pirate for weeks. 
There are so many fantastic lines in this movie, but this has got to be one of my favourites: 
“WHEN YOU LEFT ME ON THAT GOD-FORSAKEN ISLAND, YOU FORGOT ONE THING:  
I’M CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW.” 
Before you start wondering what this has to do with easter, I’ve re-stated the statement below. (I was always the dramatic-turn-baking-a-cake-into-a-life-lesson kid). 
“WHEN YOU NAILED ME TO THAT FORSAKEN CROSS, YOU FORGOT ONE THING: I’M JESUS CHRIST.” 
See? And what did Jesus do? He rose. He gained victory over the scariest of all things; death.  
Join the dots with me: if he can win against the worst, and he is in us, then….doesn’t that mean we win too? 
Totally. 
Happy Easter everybody. 
PS: I’d love to educate you on the easter story, but I can’t tell it as well as the bible does. So either pull out your bible, or go to www.biblegateway.com , and read Matthew 26 - 28; Mark 14v12 - 16v19; Luke 22 - 24 and John 13 - 21 . Hope you had a fantastic easter filled with God’s love and I pray that God will continue to touch your heart!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme