photo botslide.jpg

Habitual hummus.

Tuesday 12 August 2014










Welcome! To thy humble abode-ence.
So, you want to know how to make hummus. REAL original hummus. It’s a homemade recipe so I will make it up as I go. Bear with. (I have made it before and it is yummy don’t worry)

You will need:

-1/2 a lemon (or lemon juice)

-1 can of chickpeas (or garbanzo beans I think they are sometimes called)

-garlic 

-vegetable oil

-salt

-tahini (I have heard you can use peanut butter instead but have never tried it myself)
This is an optional step, but if you want really SMOOTH hummus, then you can "skin" the chickpeas. How to: squeeze a pea between two fingers until it pops out of the skin. All up it takes approximately 10-15 min, which isn't as bad as it sounds in this world of me-want-NOW. It comes out perfectly fine if you omit this step, but doing so does make it a lot better. Make sense?
Stick* them all in the blender with a tablespoon of tahini and a generous squirt of vegetable oil. Bleeeeeeeeeend.
Now add all the things that make “taste.” So squeeze some lemon juice in there, add a clove of a garlic, and salt to your liking.
It should be a smooth consistency, not too drippy, just normal hummus like i.e. add more vegetable oil if it is too thick, etc.
Scoop it in a container, and store in the fridge. Best eaten with toasted pita bread or crackers 
Have a spectacular day and remember that professionals were once beginners.
X

*Weird fact about me: I say “stick” in terms of…everything. “Stick those plates in the draw” or “stick that banana in a box.” So I don’t mean anything. Just “stick.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme