photo botslide.jpg

Tea towel cushions

Friday 8 August 2014







my kitty 

Welcome, beautiful.

My favourite colour is teal/duck egg blue, so naturally these cushions are exactly what I had in mind for my room. 

The best part is…I made them myself. (well, with quite a bit of help from my friend who is the QUEEN of cushions - she did the first zip, and then I was like “Ok, I’ll try this next one!” Five restarts and unpickings later, I decided she could finish that one too. If you see her in the street say hi!)

The tea towels are from Wallace and Cotton, the zips just from Ikes. The great thing about making your own cushions is that you can make them exactly how you want. 

Because (as stated above) I didn’t really knock the zips out of the park, I think if be better if someone else taught you. Just use google, let's be honest, I'm sure there will be some cushion expert out there. 

I bought a square cushion inner from Spotlight, and because the tea towel (folded over) is rectangle, I sewed in the sides so as to have flaps and a tight cushion. I think they look fab, but you could cut the material or have a looser cushion. Up to you!

YAY, have a great day, and remember that (I find) a nicely made bed clears your mind and makes everything seem more organised

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme